If you only have the zip file to install angular-cli with – how can it be installed without an internet connection?
With that ZIP only you will not be able to achieve that.
Because within the
bin folder, the
ng still needs some dependencies.
In order to do that:
- Download the zip from the official repo: https://github.com/angular/angular-cli/archive/master.zip
- Unzip it and go into that folder
- Zip the whole folder again
Now you’ll be able to run the CLI on an offline computer if you share that zip by doing:
– Unzip the CLI folder with the node_modules in it
/path/to/the/folder/bin/ng new my-project
BUT. As this computer is offline, you’ll only be able to scaffold a new project without installing it’s required dependencies.
Now, if you want to build a project on that offline computer, you’ll need something more:
On the online computer:
– install @angular/cli
yarn global add @angular/cli (or use your zip)
– create a new empty project while online:
ng new base-project
yarn install or
npm install to finish)
– zip the node_modules folder, the one within the new project
(as node_modules_backup.zip for ex, and brace yourself… It’s going to take a long time I guess)
On the offline computer
– Share the ZIP from the new project (with USB for ex)
– Create your project:
/path/to/the/folder/bin/ng new my-project --skip-install
– Unzip the node_modules_backup.zip into the newly created project
/path/to/the/folder/bin/ng serve should work.