[Fixed] Jasmine: "Incomplete: No specs found" in Angular Typescript project

Issue

For some reason I can’t understand, Karma says that Jasmine can’t find any of my test specs. I’m using Angular 9, Typescript and ng test to run the tests. I also ran jasmine init to create the jasmine.json config file. I’ve tried several config changes, creating a dummy test javascript file and more but I’m still getting the same “No specs found” message. This is getting really frustrating and I’m sure I’m just overlooking something obvious here.

Tests folder structure:

spec
    services
        address.service.spec.ts
        login.service.spec.ts
        ...
     support
         jasmine.json

jasmine.json:

{
  "spec_dir": "spec",
  "spec_files": [
  "**/*[sS]pec.js", // tried with "**/*[sS]pec.ts"
  "services/*[sS]pec.js" // tried with "services/*[sS]pec.ts"
  ],
  "helpers": [
  "helpers/**/*.js" // tried with "helpers/**/*.ts"
  ],
  "stopSpecOnExpectationFailure": false,
  "random": false
}

karma.conf.js :

// Karma configuration file, see link for more information
// https://karma-runner.github.io/1.0/config/configuration-file.html

module.exports = function(config) {
    config.set({
        basePath: '',
        frameworks: ['jasmine', '@angular-devkit/build-angular'],
        plugins: [
            require('karma-jasmine'),
            require('karma-chrome-launcher'),
            require('karma-jasmine-html-reporter'),
            require('karma-coverage-istanbul-reporter'),
            require('@angular-devkit/build-angular/plugins/karma'),
        ],
        client: {
            clearContext: false, // leave Jasmine Spec Runner output visible in browser
        },
        coverageIstanbulReporter: {
            dir: require('path').join(
                __dirname,
                './coverage/censored',
            ),
            reports: ['html', 'lcovonly', 'text-summary'],
            fixWebpackSourcePaths: true,
        },
        reporters: ['progress', 'kjhtml'],
        port: 9876,
        colors: true,
        logLevel: config.LOG_INFO,
        autoWatch: true,
        browsers: ['Chrome'],
        singleRun: false,
        restartOnFileChange: true,
    });
};

Solution

Solved it. Once i moved the .spec files into the /src folder, Jasmine detected them without any problems.

Leave a Reply

(*) Required, Your email will not be published