I am designing an android application in photoshop. But I am stuck at the first step itself.
I have so many confusion and after searching for a solution in google confusion increased threefold.
My big confusions are
1.What should be the canvas size
2.What is the size of status bar
3.How many sizes of assets i have to handover to development team.
Few suggested me to do everything in DP. Again confusion.
1.How to setup photoshop workspace in DP.
2.What is the size of the canvas I have to start with.
3.What is the size of status bar.
4.how to set text size in sp.
Thank you so much.
Consider dp = px in Photoshop
- xlarge screens are at least 960dp x 720dp
- large screens are at least 640dp x 480dp
- normal screens are at least 470dp x 320dp
- small screens are at least 426dp x 320dp
Following more specific
- 320dp: a typical phone screen (240×320 ldpi, 320×480 mdpi, 480×800 hdpi, etc).
- 480dp: a tweener tablet like the Streak (480×800 mdpi).
- 600dp: a 7” tablet (600×1024 mdpi).
- 720dp: a 10” tablet (720×1280 mdpi, 800×1280 mdpi, etc).
Download the Sample android PSD from here
for more reference click here
I hope it would help you
Answered By – Akbarsha