I defined my git config with
git config --global diff.tool bc3
When I do
git difftool --dir-diff, a becompare windows opens but I can’t compare local file to remote.
- On left panel, I see all remote files containing a difference with local files.
- On right panel, I see theses file but only as shortcut to local file.
I can’t compare a file to a shortcut. Is there a way to configure git or becompare to compare all files local to remote ?
git difftool --dir-diff will always create these symlinks when you compare something to your worktree.
There seems to be a specific setting for symlinks in Beyond Compare’s menu :
- under : Session > Session Settings > Handling
- there should be a section : File Handling
- with a checkbox : Follow symbolic links
Try checking that box.
Answered By – LeGEC
This Answer collected from stackoverflow, is licensed under cc by-sa 2.5 , cc by-sa 3.0 and cc by-sa 4.0