Two p tag in same line


I have two p tags

<p style="margin: 0; display: inline;">content1</p>
<p style="margin: 0; display: inline;" align="right">content2</p>

The Output is content1content2. My expectation is like this:

content1                                                                content2 

Can anyone help. I want one “content1” in the left p and “content2” in the right ‘p’.


You can use CSS flexbox for this. Below is the minimal CSS for the requested layout:

<div style="display: flex; justify-content: space-between;">
  <p style="background-color: papayawhip;">Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet.</p>
  <p style="background-color: palegoldenrod;">Donec eget luctus lacus.</p>

For longer content, you can use fixed-width columns:

<div style="display: flex; justify-content: space-between;">
  <p style="flex-basis: 49.5%; background-color: papayawhip;">Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Donec eget luctus lacus. Cras consectetur elementum mi sed consequat.</p>
  <p style="flex-basis: 49.5%; background-color: palegoldenrod;">Pellentesque aliquet condimentum augue in mattis. Praesent sagittis nisl magna, a volutpat arcu imperdiet vel. Quisque et orci sed ligula cursus luctus.</p>
  <!-- 49.5% + 49.5% = 99%, remaining 1% is distributed according to justify-content -->

Answered By – Salman A

This Answer collected from stackoverflow, is licensed under cc by-sa 2.5 , cc by-sa 3.0 and cc by-sa 4.0

Leave a Reply

(*) Required, Your email will not be published